Saturday, March 13, 2010

My mother showed me life.

Dear Mom,

So there I was stuck in this horrible place.The rain was running in and I was getting wet. Cold, and in this small laundry room. I was curled in a ball. I was 11 years old. I had run away from you. I couldn't stand watching you do drugs, and ruin our lives anymore.

I don't know why I decided I could live on my own. It was probably because I had taken care of myself sorta for a long time before that.I just don't understand why no one came looking for me, almost like no one cared, and that's what I thought in the beginning. Maybe that's why I stayed gone, and didn't come back. It was the third time I had run away and I didn't think I was coming back this time, I never did. If I wouldn't have left I feel like things would be different between you and me. But what's don't is done right? That's what you would have said.

Mom, I just want you to know, that I learned how to be so independent from you. I'm very different from everyone else my age. I cant stand being jobless, I like to have money, and I like to do things for myself. I refuse to rely on a man, or a paycheck. I know that you bore me for a reason. I guess I feel like I need to find some sort of niche in the world. Something to prove that I was put here, on this earth for a reason. I just don't know what yet. I'm pissed your not here to show me. Isn't that what mothers are supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment