Sunday, March 21, 2010

My mother stood there.

Dear Mom,

I remember when you knew we wouldn't be able to pay the rent or the bills. When you sat with your hands in your eyes and cried. Black ran down your face as your make up came off in your tears. You hated not being able to provide. I just sat next to you wondering what we were going to do, what I had wondered many, many times before.
When we got home one day from the store, there was a 90 day eviction notice on the door.You just stood there. We took it off, and tried to come in but as we tried to turn on the lights they didn't turn on the electricity was out to. We lit some candles and went and grabbed a cooler for our milk so it didnt rot. This was the begining of living ut of coolers. A couple months later when the sheriffs showed up and told us to get out. I can still remember your face, as you just stood there. What else was there to do? They yelled and yelled and yelled. His face was red, and his eyes gleaming in anger. It was crazy. When we took our suitcases and left all I wanted to do was go back. I was so upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment